Consumers warned about Ikea children’s lamp
Parents and Ikea fans beware: the Swedish furnishing giant has once again issued a recall for one of their children’s furniture over strangulation risks.
In Ikea’s American website, the company released a statement warning parents of keeping the SMILA wall lamp away from their child’s reach as ‘Ikea has received a report of an incident where a 16 month old child in a crib died after becoming entangled in the cord of a SMILA wall lamp.’
Another product that parents must look out for is the TASSA Natt wall lamp because of similar risks. Strangulation incidents involving the two lamps happened in Europe after the babies were able to pull the cords into their cribs.
Those who have SMILA wall lamps are encouraged to contact Ikea for a free repair kit that includes a warning label, adhesives and safety instructions.
In August last year, Ikea was also forced to recall two models of children’s beds after reports of design flaw leading to injuries were uncovered.