FFE Magazine

More postal package boxes to be seen in Vienna

by FFE EU News staff

Austria’s Postal Service has been drawing contracts with housing developers to install more postal package boxes in capital city Vienna. The postal service aims to double the current number of parcel boxes by the end of the year.

Post office spokesman Michael Homola said ‘There are around 2000 of these boxes at the moment. By the end of the year we hope to have erected between 3800 and 3900 boxes.’

According to the post office, the increase in the number of parcel boxes around the city means less people will have to go to collection centres to get their packages. Austria-wide statistics reveal that 87% of packages are successfully delivered on the first attempt. The remaining 13% are people who have to go to collection centres to retrieve their packages. In Vienna, however, the number of people who end up collecting their packages on their own is greater.

In addition to more parcel boxes, the post office also aims to make package collection available for 24 hours a day. This will be done through the use of unique codes and self-service machines. The spokesman added ‘We are still in the very early stages. We just started this one week ago. The first one went into operation in Vienna’s 23rd district. We are planning an additional five by the end of the year. Next year we plan another 70 in Austria — around up to half which would be in Vienna.’

SHARE YOUR IDEAS

COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

 

Important Advisory

Happy Regalo Information

Heavenly Matters1

Beauty and Fashion

21mar sidebar2

 

 materialism

 


100-yrs-beauty-4-12-14 - Copy

important advisory

 

 how they do it

BDO

bdo

 

Weather Forecast

Philippine Peso Converter
Philippine and European Times