PH bet Ariella Arida to fly to Russia for Miss Universe Pageant
by FFE Entertainment News staff
After Megan Young took home the Miss World crown last September, the Philippines’ representative for Miss Universe Ariella Arida is hoping to continue the country’s winning streak.
Ariella, 24, is scheduled to fly off to Russia on Monday, 21 October, as the events for the Miss Universe 2013 begins.
This year’s Miss Universe Pageant will be held in Moscow. The Grand Coronation Night will be at the Crocus City Hall on 9 November.
Miss Universe 2013 Schedule of Events:
- October 20–24: Contestant arrivals
- October 25: Welcome dinner
- October 26-November 3: Various pre-pageant activities
- November 3: National Costume show
- November 5: Preliminary Competition
- November 6-9: On The Scene recap show
- November 9: Miss Universe 2013 Final Telecast
- November 9; Russian Standard after party
- November 10: Contestant departure
Miss Universe Philippines 2013 Ariella Arida. Photo source: Binibining Pilipinas Official Facebook page
Ariella is a chemistry graduate from the University of the Philippines Los Banos. She will go head to head with 86 other contestants from around the globe for this year’s Miss Universe.
Last year, the Philippines’ representative Janine Tugonon came in 1st runner, with Miss USA’s Olivia Culpo crowned as Miss Universe.