Safety Tips for a Long Trip this Undas
As Filipinos prepare to visit their provinces this long weekend for the Undas, the Philippine Red Cross shared road safety tips under its project slogan “Mourn the dead, stay safe, protect the living”.
Here are some road safety tips from the Philippine Red Cross:
- Do not use alcohol or drugs while partaking in traffic
- Use seatbelt in from and back of a car
- Wear helmet when using motorcycles
- Drive at a safe speed and keep a safe distance suitable for the condition
- Do not use mobile phone while driving
- Be visible at a pedestrian or cyclist
- Keep vehicles in good working condition
- Know and respect the traffic rules
- Buckle up, slow down, don’t drive impaired
The Philippine Red Cross also reminds drivers to be licensed and trained for the vehicle they will be driving, to be well-rested and alert, and to wear helmet when using a motorcycle.
For more safety tips, follow the Philippine Red Cross’ Official Twitter page.